Saturday 13 November 2010

Hellogoodbye - Would It Kill You: Review!

So I got my digital copy of the new Hellogoodbye record in my inbox this week after what seems like MONTHS of anticipation! As I said before, I ordered the wallet bundle but living in the UK, having a digital copy to listen to straight away is a god send!

I've been listening to it basically non-stop for three days now and I have to say, it's a perfect record. For fans (or not fans!) of Hellogoodbye, forget everything you remember from Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! because with a new line up (including past Early November member Joseph Marro) they have completely changed their sound. They've matured from the synth pop into something more folky. It's energetic and fun and sometimes frantic. River's voice goes perfectly with the style of the music and I think really, it just sounds happy. It's a content record, it's like the happiness the band feels touches you through the music.

I loved old Hellogoodbye, but as I've grown so has their sound. There's a lot of appearances by ukuleles and xylophones, it sounds innocent and pure. The only fault I could find with this album is that it's so short! At just under 40 minutes with 11 tracks, I wanted it to last forever!

I would totally recommend this for everyone. Buy it for yourself, buy it for your hipster brother, buy it for your mum for Christmas! The lists are endless, just go out their and support this amazing band. My favourite tracks include Finding Something To Do (ba da da da da!) and the old favourite The Thoughts That Give Me The Creeps. Betrayed By Bones is fantastic too, with a big band feel that for some reason reminds me of Dead Man's Bones! I don't think there's a weak track on this album, I don't think I can praise it highly enough! I do tend to get over-excited about stuff I like, but I really really mean it this time! You can buy the album here (or anywhere!) and here's a video of Finding Something To Do...
And as a final note I'd like to say again that I'm not sponsored to say anything on this blog, I don't get given any free stuff! This is all my own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! They make my day xo