Thursday 17 October 2013

Lovely Epcot



After the obligatory first visit to Magic Kingdom on Friday our next stop was Epcot! I chose Epcot because I expected it to be the least crowded of the parks on a Saturday, and battling with an annoying cold I caught as soon as we got off the plane, I wanted just a nice, relaxed atmosphere.




Epcot is so nice because its just all about learning and the future and sustainability and stuff like that. Theres not much in the way of policing or rushing around, with only a couple of rides you need to get fast passes for, its a more leisurly paced park.





Of course, we also arrived in the middle of the food and wine festival, which we didn't manage to get around to exploring until the next week, but it looked fantastic, even if I was always too full to taste anything! Saturday nights can get quite rowdy, especially around the England/Scotland/ bit, where the familiar droning sing song inside the "traditional English pub" made me feel like I was right at home!




It was also super interesting to see how Epcot came out from Walt's vision, and really nice to revist some stuff I liked when I was a kid. My nan swears that Figment was my favourite thing from Disneyworld, the ride has changed a lot but it definitely brought back a lot of memories! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! They make my day xo