Monday 7 May 2012

Top Five Kisses In Film!

Watching people kiss squicks me out kind of. I don't like the noises or imagining the transfer of human juices from one body to another, so it takes a lot to get me really involved with a kiss. Here are five of my favourite kisses ~in film~ in no particular order.

1. Grosse Pointe Blank
I love this kiss in the radio station between Martin and Debbie! I like how angry she is and she should give him a slap really but she ends up kissing him! I love the "shake my hand" line. It's funny and unexpected, usually when a love is being rekindled the kiss will be saved until the last scene, but here its over and done with in seconds of Debbie being introduced as a character. I love John Cusack's face when they pull apart too, its just very natural and pretty much ADORABLE.

2. Inception
I love the kiss between Arthur and Ariadne! JGL is smooth as fuck in this scene and its not a full on snog either, just a little kiss. I was really rooting for them to get it together when I saw Inception at the cinema so I was stoked when they kissed!

3. Cry Baby 
Of course with a John Waters film the kiss scene is going to straddle the boundaries of hot and gross! That's why this kiss is so good. On one hand, Johnny Depp is beautiful and sexy, and then when it pans out and everyone is kissing it just makes me laugh so much! Great song, great film and great kissing lesson!

4. Drive 
I think the kiss between Driver and Irene in Drive is my favourite kiss OF ALL TIME. It astounds me how Ryan Gosling can convey so many emotions without saying a word, let alone him and  Carey Mulligan saying so much with one kiss, when their faces are mostly obscured. I MEAN HOLY SHIT?! The way the lighting dies down is so theatrical, the music, the pacing. Everything about it is stylised but also feels completely natural. Then the switch to the violence within a tenth of a second takes my breath away. Such an amazing achievement!

5. The Departed 
I love love love both Infernal Affairs and The Departed, but one thing I thought Infernal Affairs was lacking that The Departed had was the Leo/Shrink hook up. It is so perfect and they really belong together in my opinion. To see the both their vulnerability is really captivating!

So what do you think? What are some of your favourite film smooches? I can't believe I didn't say any animated ones! I guess I have a type seeing as most of these are "action" films.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I think my favourite kiss is the final scene of The Notebook. So utterly heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time.

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love the kiss scene from drive - I ADORE ryan gosling, and not because he's totally hunky but because he's a great actor (in my opinion anyway).
    Great list :D

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok..totally love this post! I had to read it out loud to Aaron...haha....we both think you rule for your choices! :)

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the kiss from The Departed, that whole scene is sexy as fook!
    My favourite kiss ever though is from Monsters, at the end, when the girl says "I don't want to go home" and they have the most amazing anticipated kiss everrrrr. HOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS GUNNA SAY MONSTERS AS WELL. a+ kiss action

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! They make my day xo