Thursday 13 May 2010

OMG Honey Bee!

Has everyone seen the new Beyonce video yet? I have a feeling it's kind of slipped under the radar because of Christina's ridiculous video and Miley's bird wings. The new video is for the song Why Don't You Love Me, which grows on me every listen, and which I'm listening to A LOT due to the awesome video!


"Why Don't You Love Me" - Beyoncé from Beyoncé on Vimeo.

Even though B is always flawless, I really love the vintage look on her. The winged eyeliner and red lips are immaculate, though my favourite is her hair with the tiny blunt fringe. We saw glimpses of this look in the Telephone and the Videophone videos, but it's nice to see her featuring the style all by itself! I think Bey should release a tutorial on how to get your winged liner that slick.

Moving onto the clothes, all I can really say is WOW. Vintage lingere looks so much classier than say, Christina Aguilera dressed in head-to-toe PVC and a ball gag. They're basically both whoring it up for the camera, but a little bit of style can go a long way! No doubt the focus on underwear was inspired by the "underwear as outerwear" trend that's taken over some of the catwalks this year and makes me nervous for how much of the Great British Public's flesh I'm going to be exposed to this year.

Below is a little Polyvore of how I would like to wear this video style in every day life!


I was never a fan of high waisted shorts until crop tops came back into fashion (thanks for that, TopShop), now I think they look way cute with a crop top and some gladiator sandals in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! They make my day xo